Retrofill is stripping out the old obsolete or underrated circuit breaker, contactor or other electrical equipment and installing a complete new assembly draw-out structure with a new circuit breaker or contactor, or a totally new assembly.
Circuit Breaker Sales & Repair's life-extension programs will extend the useful life of your obsolete, hard-to-maintain switchgear, motor controls, and circuit breakers. Our capabilities include raising interrupting capacity, increasing equipment reliability, matching your existing switchgear line-up, providing solid-state trip units, and offering retrofill solutions.
Our capabilities include:
- Upgrade your low-voltage circuit breakers by retrofitting them with a new cradle and breaker, or all new with new doors and interlocks.
- In many situations, we can install a retrofill solution that will replace your obsolete low-voltage power circuit breaker with a modern insulated case circuit breaker, which has a higher interrupting capacity and modern solid-state electronics.
- Medium-voltage motor control can be upgraded with a new GE Multilin motor relay.
- Low-voltage motor control buckets can be retrofilled with all-new buckets.
- Large low-voltage air break motor control can be retrofilled with all new vacuum interrupters to extend their life.
- Replace your obsolete medium-voltage breaker and draw-out cell assembly by installing our retrofill modules, which will provide you with a new breaker and cell.
- Upgrade your obsolete medium-voltage circuit breakers with vacuum interrupters.
- Install replacement cast-resin power transformers in place of oil or old design air-cooled dry type to increase efficiency and durability.
- We can provide a matching switchgear line-up to add feeders to an obsolete or underrated substation